Monday 4 March 2013

Welcome to the wedding blog of Larissa and Jonathan!

My fiancée, Larissa, being far more perspicacious into the developmental process of all things wedding, has suggested that we set up this little blog to keep all informed and updated on how things have been going, or gone once the deed is done. I can't imagine it being too loquacious a blog, just a place to put up pictures of the big day and show the world how happy we are.

With little else to say, being devoid of both an firm introductory foundation and an air of definitive quintessence, I've taken to just plucking unnecessarily convoluted verbiage out of the back of my brain...who knew. Here, instead, is the story of how Larissa and I met and got engaged...told in the style of the American hero Ernest Hemingway:

"The young man whose name was Jonathan had stumbled upon the house one day as part of an invitation to the American thanksgiving holiday. The invite was fair and true and the young man had been hungry. Hungry but not worried, for though his hunger worried him, the invitation did not.

He had trusted on arrival that all manner of food would be presented by the host Shane. Jonathan had been able to eat well, and travel wonderfully through the mountainous piles of food provided by the host; and since the host cooked twice as well as the young man could eat, Jonathan knew that Shane could cook him half to death.

But in all the trust in preparation that Jonathan had dedicated for the banquet to befall, he had failed to prepare for the young woman whom he then met. She had walked into the room unexpectedly wearing nothing worth note, nor detailed in any make-up of particular mention, but the young man had taken this visage to be the finest curiosity of his life and so he inquired as to her name. So she had responded curtly knowing the young man to be a reckless yob to whom she entrusted all but judgement though she had not had an opportunity to test this judgement.

But test she did, and prove herself right she did; but the persistence of the young man in his pursuit and his path seeming fair and true led to the wearing decay of acceptance, until one day when the young man had traveled the well-worn paths of the Atlantic crossing and begged her father for the chance to remain in her employ until he died or be dismissed fairly and truly. On his benevolent acceptance the young man proposed to the young woman knowing that nothing nor no one nor no place in his life had struck such vivid beauty and unconditional love in his heart being of fairness and truth.

"I have asked your father for permission," the young man began, scratching his large, unkempt beard,
"To ask him is just the beginning" the young woman uttered through tears of gleeful anticipatory hope "and besides I heard,"
"I have not yet acquired a ring, but I know that I love you more than anything to have crossed my path. I do not know myself to the depths of all, but I would like for you to be the one to show me," the young man continued not knowing where he was going,
"I love you also, and I will gladly accept" replied the young woman solidifying the agreement so that in it's love it was true.

And so as the evening went on the pair drank beer and watched the frivolous comedy Super Troopers, which the young man maintains is a fine example of modern cinema where the young woman had failed to see it's appeal; and if old man time could weigh in on the argument he would undoubtedly interject to him 'she is slightly more debonair than you.'

THE END"

Jonathan

2 comments:

  1. Well done my friend! I'm writing this comment only so you will know that I, and no doubt a handful of others, will be looking into your "little blog" for updates. However, now that I have read your introductory post, you can be assured that I'll be returning simply to enjoy your "unnecessarily convoluted verbiage". I'm looking forward to your return to these wonderful United States! See you soon. Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I shouldn't have used all my words in the first post, I'm fresh out of lexical jazz

    ReplyDelete